Our employees are the most valuable asset of our company, and we are committed to protecting them from occupational injury and illness. Accidents not only cost time and money, but most of all, they cause suffering and loss of life. Our comprehensive safety manual is part of our commitment to create a safe workplace.
Everyone’s assistance is needed to ensure that our Health, Safety and Environmental program protects both themselves and those around them. It is each individual’s responsibility to work safely and to report any condition that may cause an accident to their supervisor. GFA International, Inc. personnel are required to exercise Stop Work Authority when they identify any situation they believe pose an unacceptable Safety, Health or Environmental risk.
Compliance with the Safety Manual is mandatory for all personnel. Their cooperation in making our work place safer is important and appreciated. GFA International’s Safety Policy requires that all operations be conducted in a safe manner and environmentally friendly manner.
All GFA personnel are expected to share concerns for Health, Safety and Environmental. As part of the Company’s commitment to HS&E, we have established the safety policies and procedures in our manual. “Personnel” in this manual includes employees of GFA International, Inc., contractors, and subcontractors.
The GFA International, Inc. HS&E Policy is designed to:
- Demonstrate leadership regarding HS&E;
- Provide a safe, clean work place; safe and proper tools and equipment; and safe work procedures;
- Provide training in the safe performance of individual jobs thereby assuring that every employee recognizes that personal safety is one of the individual’s fundamental responsibilities;
- Insure that an Accident Prevention Program is put into practice by all employees; and
- Insure that unsafe conditions, which may contribute to personal injury or an environmental incident, are promptly reported, corrected and immediate action taken to prevent their recurrence, and that all accidents are analyzed so that immediate corrective action can be taken.